MEDIHONEY DRESSING PASTE 1.5 FL TUBE WITH APPLICATOR
Packaged in a tube, MEDIHONEY® Paste is made of 100% Leptospermum honey and free of gelling agents. This results in a thinner, more runny consistency that’s ideal for treating surface to full-thickness wounds and light to moderately draining burns.
How it Works
Indigenous to New Zealand, active Leptospermum (or Manuka) honey has been shown to have unique wound healing properties, particularly a low pH and high osmolarity. Using this as the active ingredient, MEDIHONEY® Paste is a non-toxic dressing that can be used for wound bed preparation and for creating a moist environment during all stages of healing.
For treating wounds, MEDIHONEY® Paste:
• Delivers the consistency ideal for difficult-to-dress wounds, including undermining and tunnel wounds.
• Remains effective when exposed to tissue, blood and exudate to provide a moisture-balanced environment.
• Provides the healing properties to address stalling wounds and help them heal.
• Has a 3.5 to 4.5 pH to maintain a more acidic environment.
• Can be used in conjunction with negative wound pressure applications.
• Offers osmotic properties, which move fluid to the surface of the wound and slough off non-viable tissue to help the area heal.
• Uses a non-toxic, safe and latex-free formula.
• Allows for extended wear, if needed.
MEDIHONEY® Paste is ideal for light to moderately exudating wounds and wounds posing dressing and treatment challenges due to their location on the body or shape.
Its properties assist with treating:
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Leg ulcers
• Arterial ulcers
• Pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness)
• First- and second-degree partial-thickness burns
• Donor sites
• Traumatic and surgical wounds
MEDIHONEY® Paste should not be used by those allergic to honey, on third-degree burns or to control heavy bleeding.